The School Board is an advisory and support group for the Principal.
The responsibilities of the board include:
- The ongoing development of the Catholic ethos of the school
- Being consulted in relation to the appointment of a Principal
- Supporting staff, especially the Principal, who will have the day to day responsibility for maintaining and promoting the Catholic ethos of the school
- Exercising general oversight of the curriculum, but in accordance with any relevant requirements of Government and Catholic education authorities, and without trespassing upon areas of professional educational judgement
- Overseeing the prudent financial management of the school, particularly with a view to ensuring access to quality education for future generations, and including planning for the provision of future facilities
- Providing advice to the Principal on any matters referred to it by the Principal;
- Developing policies on matters referred to it by the Principal.
The School Board meets on a monthly basis. Times and dates are decided at the commencement of each year.
Current Board Members
Mr David Wise (Chair)
Ms Madonna Davitt (Principal)
Fr Peter Tonti
Mrs Leisa Gardiner
Mr Simon Gills
Mrs Pauline Merefield
Ms Edwina Rowan
Mrs Emma Shears