St Mary’s Catholic Primary School delivers the Australian Curriculum to achieve positive outcomes across a range of learning areas.
Learning programs at St Mary's in English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, the Arts and Digital & Design Technologies are based on the Australian Curriculum. Our holistic curriculum also includes daily Religious Education lessons based on the Religious Education curriculum devised by Catholic Education Rockhampton Diocese.
- Gospel values are reflected through all facets of learning
- All students develop an appreciation of Indigenous Australians and learn respect and sensitivity towards their culture
- Teaching and learning that addresses the needs of individual students
- Positive and caring relationships are important to successful learning
- Excellent school resources to support the learning and well-being needs of students
- Use of research-based teaching practices to ensure students are engaged and challenged
- Effective communication with all stakeholders in a child’s learning journey