At St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, we prepare students to be effective learners and responsible participants in a world that is largely connected online.
The effective and safe use of today's technologies is integrated into a variety of learning areas.
Our integrated approach to digital learning includes the following:
- Years Prep to Year 2 have access to school-owned iPads during some class activities
- In Year 3 students begin using Chromebooks using school-owned devices in class
- From Year 4 onwards, students purchase their own Chromebook and must sign the 1-1 Device Guidelines and ICT Practices set by the school and Diocese
- Teachers provide opportunities and experiences to help prepare students to become critical, ethical and resourceful users of a range of technologies
- The school aims to develop students as content creators and leaders in a world demanding flexible, mobile learners
- Through effective teaching and learning, it is our goal to educate students on how to select the best tool or program to complete projects, tasks or activities and how to find new solutions to make ideas become a reality.